Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hemingway's A Moveable Feast

I've tweeted about the new "restored" edition of Hemingway's "A Moveable Feast." Recently published, it "restores" the original manuscript that Hemingway had intended to publish but never finished. The published version was the work of his surviving wife, Mary, and the editors at Scribners. I'll have more to say about that later but I just wanted to mark here that I got my copy a couple of days ago and it's endlessly delightful.

Last night, I got out Rachel's Paris maps from her trip to Europe two years ago and traced some of Hemingway's footsteps as he described them. Wonderful! And then I realized I could be doing that with Google maps and street view.

Hmmm.

I'll give that a try and post what I can. Meanwhile, it's enough to read this book and live in Paris in the '20s for a while. Not a bad place to be while living in Oklahoma in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment