Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lambert Gay? Shocking!

No, I'm not really shocked; no one should be:
“American Idol” runner-up Adam Lambert has landed the cover of Rolling Stone magazine, where he talks about sex, drugs and his “Idol” experiences.

The 27-year-old singer from San Diego acknowledges in an interview that he’s gay, and says it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

“I’m proud of my sexuality,” he says. “I embrace it. It’s just another part of me.”

Interestingly enough, should Lambert's star begin to fall - and no doubt it will, in the world of fickle fame - it may not be due to his being gay but his otherwise less than wholesome image presented in this article. Sure, he's playing up to Rolling Stone's audience, and most of his mainstream fans may not read the magazine, but he was able to garner a lot of support from Middle America. Some of the others thing he has to say may be the actual turnoff.

As for me, my job is clear: go to every newsstand and remove the Rolling Stone issue with this news, to keep it from Emily. She refuses to believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment