Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Museum Celebrates Life of Walt Disney

I'm surprised there isn't something like this already:
He's the reason adults of a certain age can't stop themselves from finishing the song line beginning "M-I-C-K-E-Y," the force causing untold legions to see marching mops when they hear the rousing strains of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice."

But the story of Walt Disney the man sometimes gets forgotten in the telling of his legend. Descendants of the 20th-century innovator hope to fix that disconnect with The Walt Disney Family Museum, opening this fall in San Francisco.

"My dad's story is an inspirational story," Disney's daughter, Diane Disney Miller, said. "I want people to understand his character and how he pursued his career."

And have fun.

Another stop to be made on the pilgrimage to all things Disney. Maybe I'll get lucky and the exhibit will hit the road and come this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment