Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Shakespeare in an Image

While I was at Starbucks with Emily this past Saturday, I saw this striking image used in a poster for the Reduxion Theatre Company's production of Shakespeare's Tarantino-esque Titus Andronicus:



That pretty much sums up the play, doesn't it?

(Though I think this production may actually be a ballet; the production notes aren't clear but the rehearsal pictures clearly show folks a'leapin' everywhere. Sorry but I don't want no fancy dancin' with my Shakespeare.)

I don't know if a local company did the poster - it seems more slick and professional than you'd expect for Oklahoma City but you never know - but bravo to them for creating an eye-catching poster that cuts through the clutter and tells me exactly what I need to know about the play.

No comments:

Post a Comment