Saturday, June 19, 2010

Kristin Chenoweth: Pro Adoption

A pro-adoption message from Oklahoman and perky entertainer Kristin Chenoweth:
“I was in shock when I heard that there are 123,000 kids that are in the foster care system in our country. I really want to drive the point home that even if you don’t think that you have tons of money, and all these other ‘things’ to give a child, all a child really needs is love, care and a mentor. Someone to listen to them and to be there,” Chenoweth said. “You don’t have to be a wealthy person – you can be wealthy in your spirit. These kids just want to be loved, and that’s what really touches my heart.”

Chenoweth speaks from experience, and credits two special people for her ongoing success.

“It always goes back to my parents who adopted me, who gave me unconditional love and self-esteem,” Chenoweth said. “I don’t think I’d be where I am without them.”

1 comment:

  1. My neighbors, who tried unsuccessfully to have kids for years, just adopted two young brothers aged 4 and 16 months this week. They were from an abusive situation (the youngest had a broken scapula) and had been fostered since May. I don't know all the details yet but hope they don't run into problems down the road from crappy birth parents having regrets.

    ReplyDelete