Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bipartisanship and the Weather

At last, there's something I can agree with Obama about:
After his daughters got a snow day Wednesday, President Barack Obama wants to see a little bit of "flinty, Chicago toughness" applied locally.

"When it comes to the weather, folks in Washington don't seem to be able to handle things," a joking Obama told reporters Wednesday morning.

"My children's school was canceled today because of what? Some ice."

Today's the third day the girls are home from school. No, all of the streets aren't bone dry and clear but they're perfectly passable, especially on the main streets. I'm sure it has everything to do with the "safety of the children" but, come on. We're burning snow days here, snow days we may still need later in the year. It's just late January.

Emily's perfectly fine with it; Rachel less so.

Well, maybe tomorrow. For now, I'm glad to be in complete agreement with the President.

(And how likely to you think it will be that I'll use the tags I've used on this post again? Looks like the weather is a great uniter.)

No comments:

Post a Comment