Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A New President

I didn't watch the inauguration but from what I've read, it sound like it went well. Good for President Obama. Reading over his speech, I didn't find anything that really stood out - all inaugural speeches are judged against JFK's and they can't help but end up lacking, so that's no fault of Obama's. There were some needless shots at Bush in the speech, and I understand the crowd was classless in their booing and chanting against the departing President, but Obama has no control over that. He came across confident and his style of speaking is a welcome relief after the past eight years. Good luck to President Obama, I say.

What's left, then? Some images, in no particular order, that seem to capture a bit of history:
















No comments:

Post a Comment