Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian - Movie Review

While Rachel and I were out in last week's blizzard, we managed to pick up a handful of DVDs to while away the snowbound hours. Rachel's choice: Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian.

I hadn't seen the first one so I didn't really know what to expect but it turns out this isn't a half-bad movie. (I've now seen the first one thanks to its running the other day on a cable channel; that's not half-bad, either.) Ben Stiller's funny and I'm utterly charmed by Amy Adams, though I worried about her too-tight slacks as part of her Amelia Earhart costume. The playfulness among the characters was light and unserious and I liked the apparent Smithsonian locations. The entire movie had a sense of fun about it that made it perfect for a snowed-in day. Glad we got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment