Saturday, June 21, 2008

June 21st, 2008 - The End

Up early and on the road - the hotel had no free breakfast bar and we weren't willing to pay the per person price for the buffet. We stopped nearly two hours later for good ol' McDonald's, then hit the road hard and for good.

Up through Louisiana to Shreveport where we caught I-20 then headed West into Texas. It wasn't long until we hit Dallas and we were into familiar territory again. The final push to home wasn't bad at all.

Over to the ol' folks to get the dogs. Some quick catching up with them and we loaded up the animals and all their gear and headed for home. Got in by late evening and it was a very nice thing.

It's good to get away but it's better to get home. And it's good to get away with the ones you love. Doesn't matter what we do, as long as I get to do it with them.

That's it for this. I know the posts are rather hurried but they'll have to do as a document to our trip. I'm afraid they don't give much of a sense of the delight we had in going to all of the places we went and doing the things we did and seeing the people we saw. Believe me, it was a wonderful, wonderful time.

Now, about next year. . .

(One last word: I posted only some of the pictures we took; here's a link to the entire album on Picasa. I think I published the best of what we took or those that helped tell our story but you may find some you like better.)

No comments:

Post a Comment