Friday, February 20, 2009

Atwitter

As if I don't have enough to do, now I'm told I should be on Twitter:
While many CPAs are still getting used to the idea of blogs and instant messaging, many others are rushing to deploy the very newest, bleeding-edge technologies for operational productivity and client service.

CPAs and CPA firms are increasingly turning up in such venues as LinkedIn, Facebook, MySpace and Plaxo. More and more firms are blogging, podcasting and even YouTube-ing for fresh recruits and for new clients. Individual professionals are expanding their career-management and client-referral networks at leaps and bounds. And now we’re seeing a rush to Twitter, the “micro-blogging” platform.

My intent for this blog was to be a mix of personal, business, and anything else I want to talk about (Thus, my logline: Blather about dang near anything.) but I'd want my tweets to be more about business.

I dunno. I'll consider it. I've enjoyed the few Twitter accounts I've dropped in on and the micro aspect of it appeals to my teeny tiny span of attention. If the AICPA recommends it, who am I to resist?

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog the way it is. It's a good balance.
    All business is for newsletters, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input, Tammi. I like the mix, too.

    ReplyDelete