Monday, August 17, 2009

Another Reason Why I Like Tax Prof Blog

I subscribe to the RSS feed for Paul L. Caron's Tax Prof Blog because he's the go-to guy for tax law news. No doubt, he's a great tax law professor but he's also a great dad, which is another reason I subscribe to him. Here's an example of what I mean:
My excitement today in teaching our Introduction to Law course to a section of our eager and talented 1Ls is tempered at having to bid farewell to my son Reed, who has left home for his freshman year of college.

Reed, it was a gut-wrenching and poignant weekend, as we hustled to get everything in order for your trip. I will never forget our sweet and tender conversations, as we relived the past 19 years and looked forward to your future in college and beyond. My heart aches that I will no longer know the daily joy of living in the same house with you, but I am comforted by Ecclesiastes 3:1:

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.

It is time for you to move on to the next season of your life. You are ready -- emotionally, intellectually, physically, and spiritually -- to take on the challenges of college. I am delighted that you are only nine hours away, and I am counting down the days until parents weekend and your first college soccer game.

Although I am bursting with pride at your many academic and athletic accomplishments, I am prouder still of simply who you are and the man you are becoming. Remember always that your mother and I love you beyond all measure. And that God loves you infinitely more. Being your father has been the great honor and privilege of my life.

Tax people are such softies.

No comments:

Post a Comment