Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Two Minute Rule - Book Review

Robert Crais' "The Two-Minute Rule" was next up in my stack of reading and I think I've found a new author to follow. This one is a stand-alone - not part of any series character - but takes place in Southern California, which is part of the reason why I was attracted to his books in the first place. The two-minute rule refers to the length of time it takes for authorities to respond to a bank robbery - one you're' past two minutes, you'll likely be caught, just in case you're considering a change of professions. The hero's a bank robber gone straight after doing his time, who tries to track down his son's murderer. Plenty of twists and turns and exciting fun but solving the problem is the best part rather than the solution itself. That's usually the case with this genre, isn't it? But Crais does this sort of thing well and believably enough and I had a good time with it. A good enough time to move on to his next title in my stack.

No comments:

Post a Comment