Friday, November 21, 2008

New Music

I'd signed up with eMusic some time ago - more than a year ago, I imagine, since that's where I got all of my Hem tracks for free, during a their sign up promotion - but soon quit when I couldn't find much of anything I wanted. I gave 'em another try the other night and found their selection just as limited and their downloading process just as clunky as before. (Though their prices are right! about 50 cents a track! Dang!) So I quit them again. Sorry eMusic. (And am I even spelling their name right? Ah, who cares?)

Back to the iTunes store then. One of my guilty pleasures is scrolling through the celebrity playslists and see what they recommend and over time I've put together a list of tracks I'd like to actually pay cash money for. So, whacky guy that I am, I actually purchased a few songs:

Alton Brown, from The Food Network, has a pretty good list, so I picked up Mexican Candy by The Iguanas from him. The coarse Sarah Silvervman had a surprising number of interesting picks: Wild Is The Wind by Cat Power and Must I Paint You a Picture? by Billy Braggs. Amy Grant led me to Shawn Colvin and I Don't Know Why. Finally, on my own, I got to Laura Veirs and her Cast a Hook. All great choices.

----------------
Now playing: The Iguanas - Mexican Candy
via FoxyTunes
----------------
Now playing: Cat Power - Wild Is the Wind
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Now playing: Laura Veirs - Cast a Hook
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Now playing: Shawn Colvin - I Don't Know Why
via FoxyTunes

----------------
Now playing: Billy Bragg - Must I Paint You a Picture
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment