Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day 2008

We arrived at the precinct only 10 minutes after opening - the church parking lot was already jammed and though there was no line out the door, the precinct workers had set it up so that any line that formed would wind down the various halls of the church. By the time we found the end of it, it was clear we weren't getting through it soon. So we opted for later in the day.

Which turned out to be a good idea. Still crowded but far less so and things moved pretty quickly.

I wanted to get a shot of the crowd but ran into an old co-worker and spent the time catching up. I did get a shot of my ballot though, before I spoiled it with my vote:



I'll leave who I voted for a mystery for -

Oh, all right. I voted for McCain. Big surprise, right?

It felt good to have done our democratic duty. People all over the world die for this right and here we're able to do it without giving it too much thought. We're blessed to live in a country like this, no matter who wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment