Thursday, October 8, 2009

More Beer!

The latest batch of homebrew is done and drinkable. What's that? How about a crappy cell-phone camera picture of the result? Why, sure:

 
Posted by Picasa

(Yeah, I know, looks a whole lot like the first batch. But there are differences. Subtle differences. Okay, hardly any difference at all.)

This was made from a kit and claims to be an Octoberfest but it tastes a lot like the first batch which was a pale ale. Hey, you don't think all beers taste alike, do you? The Octoberfest does have a slightly more coppery color to it and maybe it's a hint more hoppy but I'll be danged if I know why it's considered something you drink in October more so than any other time of the year.

Oh, it's fine, don't get me wrong. But I think the problem is I'm using someone else's recipe and in order to attract the largest customer-base, they went with something that was as palatable to as many drinkers as possible.

That's not quite what I'm after. I've got something that'll be ready in about 10 days that's my own design - a Red Ale recipe that I built on. We'll see how that works out. But for now, this'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment