Friday, November 6, 2009

Stalking Lucky

Lucky'd been bustin' loose from the backyard and I was having a hard time finding out how she was doing - all of the gaps that I thought she could possibly be using seemed too narrow. Still, she was getting out and keeping track of her was an endless hassle.

Not to be outsmarted by a 5 pound yorkie poo, I came up with the idea to shadow her every move. How about a riveting one minute plus of my attempt to do so? Thought you'd never ask. Added bonus: it's from my iPhone!



Wow, the quality of that video is not good, is it? It looked a whole lot better on the iPhone. I tried uploading it directly from the iPhone to YouTube but that seems to be an empty promise for now. I had to connect to my laptop and then upload it. Editing? Ha! Windows Moviemaker didn't recognize the file and I haven't been able to find a free video editor just yet.

For now, long, uninterrupted takes will have to do. Still, I'm quite pleased to have this capability. Thanks, iPhone!

(Need another story of the iPhone's miraculous capability? While tracking Lucky at night, I couldn't find a flashlight with batteries that worked. What to do? Why, download a flashlight app to my iPhone! Perfect! Sort of. No, the light's hardly flashlight quality but it put out a bright enough glow that I could see where I was going in the dark. Cool!)

No comments:

Post a Comment