Thursday, October 30, 2008

How About Another Reason To Vote For McCain?

Aerosmith’s Joe Perry Walks this way with John McCain:
“We pretty much stay out of it, but seeing so many people come out for Obama, I just felt like ‘What the hell, I might as well raise my hand for this side,” Perry said from his Duxbury home. . .

“I’ve been a hardcore Republican my whole life,” he told the Herald. “My mother and father drilled into me from the very start that if you work hard and be positive, you’ll get what you’re working for. I guess I’m living proof of that.”

Of criticism about McCain’s age, Perry said: “My mother’s in her 80s and she does aerobics. My manager’s 70 and he’s right there. That doesn’t bother me.”

And despite lopsided polls, he urged his fans to get out and vote.

"I’m an optimist. It ain’t over till its over,” he said. “I think that he’s got a chance.”
Nice, graceful endorsement without demonizing the other side. That's how it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment