Monday, March 30, 2009

Althouse: Tweeted out.

Blogger Ann Althouse gives up on Twitter:
To blog is to create a place for people to visit. I love that feeling. I have many visitors. Come into this room that is my new post and say what you like. Be interesting. Hang out with us!

On Twitter, there's just an endless trickle of trivia and that vague feeling of obligation to dribble into the trickle from time to time. But what is it to me? It's not a place where I am. It's that thing over there.

I want to be here.

Um, okay.

Althouse's commenters then chime in about how they don't like Twitter and how superior blogging is to Twitter and on and on. Very few defend Twitter. Fewer still recognize themselves for what they sound like: they very same critics of blogging when it became popular.

Twitter's not for everyone. Neither is blogging. Either you do the these things because you like them or you don't. For now, I'm enjoying myself on Twitter; when it stops being fun, I'll stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment