Saturday, March 28, 2009

Parents' Night at Winter Guard

Last night, we got a preview of the girls' guard competition they're going to this morning at Southmoore. Blurry, grainy pictures from a cell phone? I'm just the guy to give 'em to you:

Junior Guard was up first. That's Emily in the pink in the middle with the dark hair:


Group shot. Emily's front row, third from the left. Grinning.


Zoomed a little closer for some detail - and graininess! She's got the show smile down pat.


Emily in action. You can almost hear the snap of the flag, can't you?


Second group shot, much like the first. They ran their routine twice, both times with hardly a mistake.


Onto Rachel. The beginning of the Senior Guard routine. I thought she was mad but she was just looking intense. Part of the show, apparently. My bad.


Rachel twirls her flag. Could I have gotten a grainier picture? Maybe.


Rachel didn't miss a flag toss.


Rachel tossed her flag so high it was a full five minutes before it came down. Kidding!


Ah, the graceful part of the show. It's not all about intense looks and popping flag twirls.


Group shot of the Junior Guard after the show. I think this is a lame attempt at "jazz hand."


The Senior Guard group shot. I was imperfectly placed for my zoom to work. If I clicked back, I lost detail. Too closely cropped here to show everyone but it's Rachel that counts, right?


A group shot of the Junior and Senior Guard together. Look close and you can see Rachel and Emily in the middle, hugging. Awwww.


Both groups put on quite a show. Whoever they're up against at the competition today will have a tough time of it. These girls have worked hard and their routine shows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment