Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Market Response to the Stimulus Package

You can be sure that if this chart was flipped, I'd advise you to ignore it and just get on with your lives:



So shouldn't I be saying the same thing now with this dismal performance?

Bad news is harder to ignore and what this means may be ominous. I'd be the first to say that, with a nod to William Goldman's adage about Hollywood, no one knows anything. Who really knows why the market is responding the way it is? I don't know and experts have different opinions.

One thing seems to be clear is that the market is ignoring the stimulus package. And one thing the package is missing is bold tax cuts. We've tried everything else. Why not that?

But I didn't answer my question, did I? My advice remains the same, no matter the market: keep on doing what you're doing. Work hard, live frugally, save what you can. Above all, enjoy your life with your loved ones. This will sort itself out.

No comments:

Post a Comment