Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oklahoma Woman Wins Weblog of the Year Award

Congratulations to Ree Drummond, winner of this year's Weblog of the Year Award, announced announced at SXSW in Austin:
Drummond lives on a ranch in northern Oklahoma and shares her life -- the good and the bad , the unusual and the mundane -- with her online readers at www.thepioneerwoman.com. As winner of Weblog of the year, she receives 2,009 cents, or $20.09, which is a tradition with the Weblog Awards, also known as the bloggies.

She also won Best Photography of a Weblog and Best-Designed Weblog. She had been nominated for six awards. She did not win best writing, best food or most humorous.

I dropped by her website and wept. I've never claimed to be anything but an amateur at this but if there's something less than that I'm less than even that. My, my.

Between raising four children on a working ranch, where does she find the time to create such a thing of beauty?

Good for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment