Thursday, March 12, 2009

More Twittering

Time for an update on my tweeting on Twitter. If you've been following me in the sidebar, you can tell I've been enjoying myself and enjoying the people I've met. I like the discipline of 140 characters and the process of learning a new technology and it's just plain fun which oughtta be enough and it is.

Is it a fad? Most likely. These things come and go and right now it seems to be hugely popular. Articles about it are hitting the mainstream and maybe that's a bellwether of its future, and inevitable, decline. But so what? There'll be a next new thing and we can consider whether we want to participate in that.

Which is the point, I guess: freedom. Do what you want with it. The limitations are what you put on it. If it's not fun, quit doing it. If it is, well, as long as it doesn't keep you from your real-life relationships and obligations, what's the harm?

I'll stick with it for now. And I'll try to keep things interesting enough that you'll want to follow along. I'll also try not to repeat myself; I intend my tweets to be about different things than my blog posts. How's the for value? But there's the chance I might end up repeating myself and if I do, so what? This, like rock 'n roll, is an entirely disposable medium, not meant to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment