Thursday, March 26, 2009

American Idol

Dang dang dang dang dang. Adam was good. Real good. And for once he didn't creep me out with his look. Channeling Kurt Russel by way of Elvis looks to be a style that works for him. I may have to re-think my position on him.

My man Anoop did well enough that he oughtta be safe this week. If it weren't for all of the other powerful performances, he would've shined brighter. As it was, he got kind of lost back in the middle of the pack.

As for the rest: Kris and Matt started the show off well but Scott brought things back down to earth. He wasn't bad, he just wasn't as good as the two that preceded him. Poor L'il took her chance and squandered it, though she looked good doing it. My least favorite, Megan, was awful and for the very reasons I don't like her: she appears lazy. She's got a good enough, and quirky enough, voice and style but it always sounds like to me she's counting on getting by with just her looks. Last week she had the flu. This week, meh. I have no opinion about Michael. I enjoyed his performance well enough and I think the judges were too harsh on him. Another once who was just plain out-performed by the others.

And by outperform, I mean Allison. Holy frijoles, that girl has it! Great song choice - when I heard what she was going to be singing, I thought it was perfect and I was right. Rock it, girlfriend! But her rockingness may be her downfall. Rockers on this show rarely have the fans to support them through to the end. I hope this time it's an exception.

My prediction: same as my hope, Megan goes home.

No comments:

Post a Comment