Monday, September 21, 2009

U.S. Racism 'Everywhere,' says Dave Matthews

Poor Dave Matthews. How can a sensitive soul like him stand to even live in this country? So rife with racism and all:
CNN: President Carter said he thinks that a lot of the animosity directed toward President Obama is race related.

Dave Matthews: Of course it is! I found there's a fairly blatant racism in America that's already there, and I don't think I noticed it when I lived here as a kid. But when I went back to South Africa, and then it's sort of thrust in your face, and then came back here -- I just see it everywhere. There's a good population of people in this country that are terrified of the president only because he's black, even if they don't say it. And I think a lot of them, behind closed doors, do say it.

And yet the country still manages to elect a black President, black Mayors, black Governors, black Representatives and Senators. Still tolerates a black Supreme Court judge, a black Secretary of State. Still forks over millions of dollars to be entertained by black entertainers and athletes. Still does business with black-owned companies. Still grants high-falutin' college degrees to black students. Still -

Well, you get my point.

Opposition doesn't equal racism.

(And Greg Gutfeld points out that Mr. Matthews has the amazing ability to detect racism that's unsaid or behind closed doors. But unlike Mr. Gutfeld, I'll still listen to Matthews music - Gutfeld won't because he doesn't - because I'm hip and with it, daddy-o.)

No comments:

Post a Comment