Thursday, May 28, 2009

School's Out

For the girls. And none too soon, too. Have they plans? None as I speak but that's okay. Things'll gear up as the days and weeks roll by. For now it's good to have the school year behind us. And bad to have the school year behind us.

On Emily's last day, when I dropped her off and started my litany of how this was the last day ever she'd be in 7th grade, etc., I just got an eyeroll. I know, I know, but it was just last year I was giving the same litany about her last day as a 6th grader, and then year before that and on and on and on.

There's that same regret for Rachel, too. All of those school activities we had to make sure she was on time for have faded to memories. There'll be one last round of them ahead for her and that's it. She doesn't see it yet but these are the days she'll be looking back to as she grows up and older.

For now, though, they're both grateful for the summer and the opportunity to do absolutely nothing. It won't last, they'll soon be bored, but for the moment, it's enough. It should be enough for me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment